Myers Engineering, Consulting Engineers, Inc. is accepting applications for an entry level Civil Engineer position with our Oklahoma City team. The ideal candidate will be self - motivated and able to work on simultaneous projects involving multidisciplinary teams. The position will provide the opportunity to support project efforts related to numerous disciplines, such as transportation, environmental, site development, water/wastewater, hydrology, solid waste, environmental, and structural.
- The Civil Engineer will be working with engineers, surveyors, architects, designers, drafters, as well as other professionals.
- Produce design plans for public works and land development projects including roads, streets, storm drain, sewer, water and reclaimed water, trails, schools, utilities and civil facilities, storm water quality management plans, drainage reports, cost estimates, proposals, parcel map and exhibits.
- Assist project engineer in plan production which includes preparation of plan and profiles of streets and other underground utilities common to land development.
- Assist project engineer with design plans, specifications, construction support, and cost estimating and geotechnical coordination.
- Produce design and construction drawings incorporating information from supervisor, research data and consultants for various projects including land development grading, utility, drainage, paving plans, etc.
- Research materials and assemblies for design and construction drawings as directed by supervisor.
- Assist with construction administration.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Compose and prepare graphic materials for presentations and documents.
- Capacity to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines as well as being willing to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and client / project needs.
- Graduate from an ABET accredited University with a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering .
- 0-4 years related experience.
- EIT is required or the ability to obtain the EIT within 6 months of hire.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering or related field
- AutoCADD/Civil 3D experience
- Knowledge of computer software and mobile devices commonly used in Engineering Analyses
- Knowledge of construction means, methods and techniques
- Experience in construction or survey related fields.
The majority of work will be performed in an office environment; occasionally work will be performed under adverse conditions such as in traffic, around heavy construction equipment, and in inclement weather. Visual acuity to read and interpret drawings, plans and specifications is required on a regular basis. At times, the ability to move equipment weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Work may be required during normal working and non-working hours.